Maui Activities for Keiki
There are many great outdoor activities for keiki on Maui, from ocean adventures to cultural experiences and everything in between. We’ve put together a list of our five favorite things to do with young ones on the island, all just short distance from your home at Honua Kai Resort & Spa.
This is by no means an exhaustive list (there’s a lot for kids to do on Maui!), but from personal experience and our conversations with homeowners at Honua Kai, the activities below are tried and true keiki-pleasers. We’ve even got rainy days covered! Read on to get some creative ideas for your next visit to Maui, or contact us to learn more about family-friendly activities you can enjoy as an owner at Honua Kai.
1. Shave Ice – This is no ordinary snow cone. Hawaiian Shave Ice is a special treat made with natural juices that keiki love. We recommend trying world-famous Ululani’s Hawaiiain Shave Ice in Lahaina. Their ice is made in-house from a filtered water system, and their syrups are all made using 100% pure cane sugar and premium local fruit juices and purees.
2. Maui Tropical Plantation – Feed the ducks, take a tram ride, and walk the well-tended gardens at Maui Tropical Plantation. Keiki can romp around and learn more about Maui’s history, while parents can enjoy a beverage at the plantation’s 5-star Mill House Restaurant and Bar.
3. Zipline – For the more adventurous keiki! Maui Zipline is the island’s most family-friendly zipline company, and features 5 side-by-side lines so you can zoom over the tropical course together, alongside an experienced guide. Learn more about Maui’s unique flora and fauna as you see it from a bird’s eye view, and end your time in Maui Zipline’s keiki-approved treehouse!
4. Maui Ocean Center – A perfect rainy day activity for keiki. With over 60 exhibits, including a 54 foot walk-through tunnel beneath a 750,000-gallon Open Ocean Exhibit, Maui Ocean Center is a beautifully designed aquarium that will teach keiki a new appreciation for the island’s ocean life.
5. Old Lahaina Luau – The Old Lahaina Luau was named Maui’s top luau by Frommer’s, and for good reason. Keiki will enjoy a delicious, open-air Hawaiian feast while taking in some hula dancing and learning about traditional Hawaiian culture in this immersive family experience.